Generic Prevacid 15mg
Generic Prevacid 30mg
What is Prevacid?
Prevacid is a proton pump inhibitor which plays a big role in inhibiting human stomach’s gastric acid production. The main ingredients of Prevacid are: Dexlansoprazole and Levolansoprazole. It has been observed that the effects of Prevacid last for more than 24 hours, if you use it for a day or more.
If you are suffering from any sort of intestinal or stomach ulcer, Prevacid can prove to be really fruitful for you. Any other serious condition that involves excessive stomach acid for example Zollinger-Ellison syndrome can also be treated with help of Prevacid. Certain medical practitioners suggest using Prevacid even if you are suffering from erosive esophagitis which damages the esophagus from stomach acid. However, if you have any heartburn symptoms, don’t use Prevacid for immediate relief.
What are the indications for using Prevacid?
- If you are suffering from acid reflux disease, you should be using Prevacid.
- You can use Prevacid for treatment purpose of Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome.
- Any kind of NSAID induced ulcer or ulcer in the duodenum or stomach can be treated with help of Prevacid.
- This medicine works in killing Helicobacter pylori which causes several health troubles such as ulcers. However, for the best results, you have to use antibiotics along with Prevacid.
What is the Dosage for Prevacid?
The dosage generally varies from one patient to another. It comes in form of capsule and you should take the whole capsule at once without breaking it. Take it before you eat your breakfast and the dosage should not be more than 1 in 24 hour’s timeframe. Make sure not to freeze the capsules and keep them away from direct sunlight. Make sure to take this medicine for the prescribed time period as stated by the doctor.
What are the Contraindications for using Prevacid?
It is important to consult your doctor about the medicines that you are already taking before using Prevacid. Some of the cases when Prevacid should be avoided are mentioned below:
- If you are hypersensitive to any of the components of Prevacid, don’t use this medicine.
- If you are taking medicine for heart related troubles already, don’t take Prevacid.
What are the Side Effects of Using Prevacid?
Some of the side effects of Prevacid are: dizziness, feeling jittery, uneven heart rate, muscle cramps, choking feeling, constipation, mild diarrhea, convulsions, headache, stomach pain, nausea, rash in skin, joint pain, vomiting, anxiety, mental depression, bloating etc.