Generic Prometrium 100 mg
This is a drug used for prevention of endometrial hyperplasia, which can often be seen in postmenopausal women who take estrogen tablets. This drug can also be used as a treatment for secondary amenorrhea. It is administered orally once per day before bedtime.
|Delivery Time: ~7 days|
|Quantity||Price||Price Per Pill|
What is Prometrium?
The active ingredient of Prometrium is micronized Progesterone. Progesterone belongs to a group of hormones called progestogens. Progesterone is a naturally occurring hormone that is responsible for a normal menstrual cycle, while also being responsible for reducing the sodium-retaining property of aldosterone, affecting myelination and synaptic functioning, and having a neuroprotective function.
What are the indications for using Prometrium?
Prometrium is used to prevent endometrial hyperplasia in postmenopausal women who didn’t go through hysterectomy and who are receiving estrogen tablets. Secondary amenorrhea is also an indication for using Prometrium.
What is the dosage of Prometrium?
Prevention of the Endometrial Hyperplasia
- The capsules of Prometrium are taken once per day at bed time in the dose of 200 mg for 12 days straight in a 28-day cycle.
Treatment of the Secondary Amenorrhea
- The capsules of Prometrium are taken once per day at bed time in the dose of 400 mg for 10 consecutive days.
Some women experience trouble swallowing Prometrium capsules. In order to prevent that, take these capsules with a glass of water.
What are the contraindications for using Prometrium?
Prometrium should not be used by women who:
- Have a hypersensitivity to progesterone
- Have a history of thromboembolic disorders or acute thrombophlebitis
- Suffer from breast cancer or liver disease
- Had an ectopic pregnancy, undiagnosed abnormal vaginal bleeding, or cerebral apoplexy.
Prometrium should be used with caution by women who:
- Have a family history of having breast cancer, endometriosis, depression, bone mineral density changes, bone metabolic disease, hepatic/renal impairment, and conditions exacerbated by fluid retention, including epilepsy, asthma, and migraine.
What are the adverse effects of Prometrium?
In a placebo-controlled, double-blind, randomized clinical trial, Prometrium was studied on 875 postmenopausal women. Here is a list of side effects which these women have experienced:
- Breast tenderness/pain,
- Depression, worry,
- Abdominal Bloating/pain,
- Hot flashes,
- Urinary problems,
- Vaginal discharge,
- Nausea / vomiting,
- Chest pain,
- Night sweats,
- Vaginal dryness,
- Joint pain,
- Swelling of hands and feet,
Where can I buy Prometrium?
If you wish to buy Prometrium capsules of great quality with a price considerably lower than in a regular pharmacy, you should choose to buy Prometrium at an online pharmacy. Each customer is dear to us and we do our best to satisfy our customers.